Week 4 Notes
Embedding Media / Media Encoder
Project A: Add Flash Video (FLV), QuickTime video and HTML5 video (MP4/h.264). 3 options including script to divert non-Flash environments.
Project B: Embed Vimeo
ONLINE VIDEO IN CREATIVE SUITE… PLAN:
Brief presentation: Video compression for the Web:
- 2 competing formats
- Discuss economic, philosophical, and moral dimensions to competing video standards
- Discuss: Option of YouTube or Vimeo
Create (fun! - in iMovie) or download QuickTime video
Create alternate presentations for Flash and iPhone
- Generate FLV and h.264 compressions in Media Encoder
- Create 2 video pages in Dreamweaver:
- Embed Flash Video (FLV) for most visitors
- Place h.264 for Apple mobile devices with HTML5 video element
- Link from home page to Flash Video page
OR... embed Vimeo player and video
Video You Can Use:
HTML5 Video Element Code
First type the following:
<video width="xxx" height="xxx" controls="controls">
where the video width value is the width of your video and the video height value is the height of the video (both in pixels). Use the controls code to display player controls.
Then type this:
<source src="xxx.MP4"> where xxx.MP4 is the filename for your MP4 format video.
Your browser does not support the video tag in HTML5 </video>
That last line displays text if the viewer's browsing environment does not support HTML5.